Gallery Retail Assistant / Front of House
Hours: Full time (Tuesday-Saturday, 10am-5.30pm, 37.5 hrs a week)
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000 (dependant on experience)Apply with cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual to join our team in the role of retail assistant/front of house. This is a key position within the gallery as you will be the point of contact for clients, both in person and via phone and email. The role will also involve administrative tasks as well as the day-to-day upkeep of the gallery and will require a self-motivated and intuitive person who is passionate about providing great customer service and representing the artists and works we exhibit to the high standard they deserve. As part of a small team, the role will require a flexible attitude, team spirit and the ability to work both independently and as a team.
This is great opportunity for someone who enjoys working cross functionally and would like to be part of an ever changing and fast-growing gallery.
- Provide a warm welcome to visitors
- Ensure that the gallery and stock room is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Provide information and assistance to clients (both in person and via phone and email)
- Fulfilling online orders - packing, labels, commercial invoices, booking collections
- Liaising with couriers and managing international shipments, overseeing both incoming and outgoing shipments of work
- Maintaining supplies of stationery and packing materials
- Diary management
- Performing and checking regular inventory checks both in gallery and online.
- Updating and maintaining contact database (including clients, interior designers, collectors, press, and industry contacts)
- Arranging and keeping note of commissions and loans
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following…
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in similar customer facing sales related role
- Strong organisation and administrative skills
- Experience with Shopify (or similar)
- Handling and packing artworks
- Good understanding of Microsoft and Adobe suit
- Experience working with couriers (UPS, DHL, etc) as well as customs (UK and international)
- An interest and knowledge of the arts (knowledge of ceramics, glass, metal and woodwork a plus)
About Maud & Mabel
Representing over 70 artists from around the world working in ceramics, wood, glass, metal and art, Maud & Mabel is gallery and retail space based in Hampstead, London. Alongside showcasing a wide selection of works, Maud & Mabel works closely with pioneering artists (both established and emerging) to create special collections, exhibitions and collaborations that honour both the artist and spectator in the gallery and online, as well as supplying and working with designers on major projects.
Please note, due to the size of our team and the large number of applicants we may not be able to respond to each application.